Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, December 1, 2012

This is the Day

Today is a new day.  We actually are fortunate enough to have 365 of these potential new days each year!  Today is a new day so why not live like it! You see, today is not only a new day but it is a day that the Lord has made so why not rejoice and be glad in it people!
Today is a new day and for me, I have FINALLY been able to be glad in it!  It has been 7 weeks already that LyLah has been home and for a good 6 of those weeks I have been sick with some thing or another.  These last 2 weeks in particular have been the ones to really wear me down.  BUT I am here to say that last night was the first night since we've returned that I haven't felt the need to go to bed when LyLah did!  Praise Jesus!  I have been trudging along each day with the most amazing little girl there ever could be, as she too has been sick but you would never know it!  Unlike her momma, she continues on with a smile on her face and is the same happy go lucky girl that I met from day one!  She certainly has a knack for putting a smile on your face, even if you are feeling pretty cruddy.  Of course there are my faithful parents too who have continued to be by my side and  helped me take care of LyLah when I wasn't up to par. I thank God for them daily!
Today is a new day and I realized that these last 7 weeks have gone and went and it's about time to get kickin again and take every advantage of this new day He has made!  It's not easy to do when you're feeling tired or weary, but I'm here to tell ya those days fly by so fast they are here and gone!  I have learned that just because I am feeling tired or weary is no excuse not to rejoice in the day.  Each one of those days during that 7 weeks I woke up, didn't I?  That is reason enough right there to rejoice, but I know that I had plenty of other opportunities to be rejoicing ... and her name is LyLah!  So don't waste another day, or better yet 7 weeks like I did.  Today is a new day ... a day that our Lord has made ... let's put a lil' extra effort into some mighty fine rejoicing and being glad in it, okay?!  Oh yeah!
Today also marks the beginning of one of my favorite times of the year .... Christmas!  We have the tree up and decorations out and have already enjoyed nights with only the lights of the tree in the room.  How awesome it is to be able to celebrate Jesus, the creator of the universe, our Savior, not only today but everyday!  Don't wait until December 25th to celebrate Jesus, why not give Him the whole month of December?!  In fact, why not give Him all 365 days of the year?!  He is gracious enough to give us each day we awake, yeah?!  Celebrate Jesus!  Today and everyday!  Because this is the day that He has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Praise God for today!  Praise God for everyday!  Praise God for all that He is!  Praise God for Jesus!
Pray that today would mark the first day, if you don't already do so, that you would truly live like it's a day that He has made - Pray for that same spirit of joy everyday - Pray for a deeper understanding of who God is - Pray for someone to cross your path that does not know Jesus, and for words/actions to make known who He is and what He has to offer ... salvation ... shining the light on Him!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

Love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment