Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, January 28, 2012

G is for Giraffe

Over the last few weeks I have began turning what was a spare bedroom, into something that just might be suitable for a sweet baby girl coming from the land of Africa.  I certainly was hesitant in the beginning as I was sure that people would think I was crazy for doing such a thing, as I am still in just the early stages and have yet to receive my referral.  I would think, "so I get this room all ready to go and then it doesn't go through .... then what?" The disappointment, the sadness, the heartache .... I just don't know if I could handle that.  Then with a teeny little nudge to go for it, I began the project! Yes, I said  "teeny little" because it didn't take much as my excitement equalled my hesitation.  I was concerned about the color scheme of the room initially as it definitely is not something I would have chosen for a little girls room, but as it is turning out I LOVE IT!  I decided to go with an Africa theme so am using quite a bit of giraffe decor and again I have to say that I am blessed to have people in my life who are creative and gifted in "room design" as well, lol,  taking away the expense it could be adding up to! God continues to provide!  And of course, Grandma and Grandpa are doing there fair share of adding to the room.  My baby girl already has her first 4 1/2 foot stuffed giraffe sitting in her room! Now, as long as Harley doesn't decide it's a tree and pee on it, we'll be in good shape!
As I continue to prepare the room and get ready to paint her name on the wall, Hebrews 11:1 comes to mind.  I can be confident that my sweet baby girl will one day be at home with me BECAUSE my Father put her in my heart.   I have yet to see her and have no idea the time or day this will happen, but I can be assured that it will when He decides it is best. So why wouldn't I pick out her name or get her room ready?  I'm sticking with the confidence that He has given me from the very beginning that this is exactly what He wants me to do!  My God and Father has me, His child, engraved on the palm of His hand so I too, am engraving little LyLah Lucille not only on the palm of my hand, but in my heart as well.
As for the adoption process the only thing new this week was an email from the program director saying the process time from court date to Embassy date continues to get longer....which means the longer I will have to wait to see her again, after I go to court that first time and get to meet her =(   I am still awaiting the referral.  I have not heard yet if my Dossier is in Ethiopia so am assuming it is not.  I go this Thursday at 8:00 am to Des Moines for my second set of fingerprints, thank you Jesus that the forecast is looking good! 
Praise God for the hope that we have in Him - Praise God that we can be assured of things unseen through faith - Praise God that He loves us enough to engrave each and every one of our names on the palm of His hand - Praise God for Jesus!
Pray that my fingerprint appointment in Des Moines goes well and that the weather will remain good - Pray for all of the families who are having to wait longer to go back to Ethiopia to bring their kids home - Pray for all of those who might be thinking of adoption, that God would lead and they would listen - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah Lucille, that she would know in her heart, no matter how young she might be, that I am waiting here for her ...

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see" Hebrews 11:1

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment