Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, February 4, 2012

We are Fam-ily

So, what exactly defines the word family? Well, according to "thefreedictionary.com" it has several meanings.  Some of which include:  A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children - Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place - All the members of a household under one roof -  A group of persons sharing common ancestry -  Lineage, especially distinguished lineage - A group of like things; a class -  A group of individuals derived from a common stock.
Each definition I would have to agree with, but I believe that "family" defined means so much more.  Family to me means sticking together through the good and the bad - encouraging, praising, rejoicing with one another - grieving, weeping, simply "being" there for one another.  Family to me means holding each other accountable - discipling one another - praying for each other.  Family to me means being generous to one another - serving one another - being available for whatever need there might be. 
I have certainly been MORE than blessed with the family that God has provided me with.  Once again, spoiled actually.  Starting with my immediate family, to my church family ... NLCC (just throwing that out there!), to my family of friends, my family of co-workers, even my patient's that I get to work with at the hospital get to the point of feeling like family!  I know there are many people out there who don't get the luxury of having this blessing and my heart breaks for them.  Families are a must and I think that everyone should get the opportunity to share in that kind of love.
The smallest, most simplest, teeny-tiny little act of kindness can mean the world to someone ... I'm wondering what it would look like if we could share that kind of love - togetherness - carrying each other's burdens - just being there in a "family" kind of way to the rest of the world who maybe have yet to get to experience it.  Let's show God just what His family is capable of doing!
As for the adoption process, my Thursday appointment in Des Moines went well. I was informed that I have "nice" fingerprints ... LOL! Well great! That surely means I'll be a wonderful mother then too, right?!  Just give me the clearance already!!  God's hand in this adoption process was made crystal clear last Sunday, as what was left of the referral fee was met through the luncheon, thank You, Jesus!  So, I am ready for that phone call to inform me that they have my sweet baby girl, whom was chosen by God, available to me if I would accept her.
Praise God for family - Praise God for His example of showing us what a true family looks like - Praise God for His providence - Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for all of those who might not have a "family", that God would allow them to cross our paths and we would in turn, love on them - Pray for my fingerprints to be processed quickly with a USCIS clearance to follow - Pray that I would continue to prepare as I await my referral - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah Lucille!

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other." John 13:34

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment