Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, June 24, 2012

He > I

Time is getting shorter and God is still working on me! Ha! Oh how I love to be pruned! It's funny how you think you're doing pretty good really and then WHAP!  You get that smack upside the head with a big "duh" to go with it.  Over the last few weeks I have had my eyes opened big time to this thing called being critical.  You see I would never have thought of myself that way, because if I have a strong opinion about something it is only because it is not done my way, you know, the right way! Lol! I'm just trying to make people understand what it truly means to have a relationship with Jesus ... my way, you know, the right way. So come to find out I have been pretty critical in the process, and I have learned that everybody has a chance to succeed.  Everybody has potential.  Everybody has been handcrafted and uniquely designed by this awesome creator we have called God, our Father.  We may have differing opinions about "stuff" but what really matters is Christ Himself.  A relationship with Christ is key, but that will look different in each and every one of us.
 I have learned that I need to make sure I have studied and read the whole Truth before I open my mouth sometimes.  I have learned that I need to focus on God alone and giving Him glory.  I have learned that He needs to be greater and I need to be less because it's not about me and what I think is true.  It's about Christ living in me and through me, the way He would live, full of compassion and mercy and forgiveness and grace.  It's all about Him ... to God be the glory!
As far as the adoption process goes, no new news ... yet!  I do however have lots of new pictures! Oh how I love that little girl and am so very anxious to get my hands on her!  Our prayer group is still going strong.  There definitely has been a bond created even though we've never met.  God continues to bring us closer each day through our daily prayer time together!
Praise God for conviction!  Praise God for teachable hearts! Praise God for His wisdom! Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for God to continue to convict in whatever area we may be struggling with - Pray for an open and teachable heart, ready to learn and grow in Him - Pray for spiritual wisdom with ears that would hear God alone - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah and for all six of us to go to court and pass before the courts close!

"He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." John 3:30

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment