Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chosen

What an awesome feeling it is to be picked by someone over everyone else - to be preferred - to be the top choice. We all have experienced this in some way or another.  It's not always easy to spot, but I guarantee ya you have!  Now there is the other end as well.  You are the last one standing when picking teams for dodge ball in gym class - the other person got the job - that one gal gets to go on the misssion trip and she doesn't even know God.  This particular side of it is no fun at all but I'm here to tell you that there is good reason for it! 
As I continue on in the adoption process God has brought yet another thought to mind.  People tell me all the time how lucky "that little girl" is going to be but ya know what?  "I" am the lucky one! How blessed I have been to be "chosen" by God to be her momma ... LyLah's momma ... that is me!  How blessed I have been to get to go through this process and gain wisdom and knowledge and grow closer to God!  How blessed I am going to be when she is officially mine and I get the chance to raise her up to know and love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  I my friends, am the lucky one!
God chooses us for many different things in life.  Some things we may not like particularly and other things we can't thank Him enough!  God has chosen me to be 35 and single - do I like it? Heck no! But I know that if I might have went down another path I probably would not be in the middle of adopting my daughter right now so I can be okay with it in that regard. 
God did not only choose us, He adopted us as well!  He has adopted those who have received Him and given their life to Him!  If God had it in His heart to choose Saul/Paul, a sinner, a persecutor of Christians, to spread the gospel throughout the entire Roman empire than I guarantee you He is just waiting to choose you and me to do something for Him as well if He hasn't already!  
If you have never received Jesus I pray that you would consider it today and just see what He might choose YOU to do!
Still waiting on word of my submission to court.  Once I get submitted, I should be traveling within 4-5 weeks.  I have received updated measurements and some info about her.  She is now 18 lbs and 26 inches long! Yes! She is quite the bundle of joy!  She responds to her name - rolls over onto her belly and then pushes up and looks around!  She turned 6 months on Thursday!  She has been prayed over by the gal from my prayer group that went a couple of weeks ago which makes me very happy and more at peace.  So thankful for her.
Praise God for choosing us!  Praise God for adopting us as His own! Praise God for His wisdom and plans for our lives! Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for God to come into your heart if you haven't already - Pray for ears to hear just what He might have for you to do - Pray for open minds and hearts when God's plan doesn't fall exactly in line with what "ours" looks like - Join us in prayer at 6:30 daily for court dates and decrees before they close!


"But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel." Acts 9:15


Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment