Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Focus!

I have been struggling quite a bit lately with keeping my focus.  Not only at work and at home, but also during prayer as well.  There was a day this week when God gave me two scriptures, one right after the other, and you can probably take a pretty good guess on what they might have been related to. Ha! The first one being Psalm 131:2 and the second Matthew 11:28-30.  One speaks of stilling and quieting your soul ... just what I have NOT been doing.  The other says 'come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest'.
I can very easily get caught up in trying to be faithful in prayer and reading the Word so much that I can't keep up with myself in what I am trying to keep up with! Wow! Did ya follow that?!  See what I mean!
My mind has been wandering and I can't keep focus and Satan knows that and is using it to the best of his ability right now.  BUT thankfully I have a God who reminded me this week of just what I need to do.
I need to first go to God ( come to me ) and ask Him to help me in this period of distraction, knowing He will give me rest.  Next I need to just "be" instead of shuffling around for just the right words to pray at just the right times during the day (be still and quiet yourself).  I need to come to Him and be still, wait quietly and see just what He might have to tell me!
I am in desperate need of a good refreshing and that is exactly what I'm gonna attempt to do!  It is so important to stay focused as Satan can creep in pretty fast when you're not ready for his attacks.  Then it becomes that much easier to fall into temptation or to become fearful, worried and weary.  You can prepare yourself for battle against him by putting on your armor, but unless you are completely focused, he's gonna keep creepin.
As far as my adoption process goes, I have no news to share this week.  As far as my prayer group goes, we have a gal who is going to be submitted this week! Praise God!  Another answer to prayer!  Knowing that things usually happen in groups, the rest of us our praying to get submitted as well and then of course for court dates and decrees to come before they close! We also are praying for the gal who has already been to court to get her embassy submission as well! Submissions, court dates, embassy dates ... He can do it all and I know that He will!
Praise God for His Word!  Praise God for watching out for us!  Praise God for His rule and authority over everything!  Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for a better understanding of who God really is - Pray that God would help us to quiet ourselves when we become distracted - Pray for awareness of Satan's presence and to be fully focused and armed for battle - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah and for the rest of my prayer group daily at 6:30 am!

"But I have stilled and quieted my soul ... " Psalm 131:2

"Be Still"  The Fray

http://youtu.be/5nUuBjz4Vhc

Love-
amy


No comments:

Post a Comment