Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Thursday, July 26, 2012

T - 7

One week from tomorrow I will be boarding a plane for a trip of a lifetime.  A trip that will will change my life forever.  A trip that I never will forget. I will be boarding a plane to go and see my baby girl and I cannot hardly stand the wait!!!
I don't really have much to say today but I am asking for some specific prayers this week ....

  • There is what's called a "birth parent" interview scheduled for tomorrow, Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead of us so it actually could be in the next few hours.  Since LyLah does not have "birth parents" available as she was abandoned, it will be an interview with a representative from the orphanage where she was first brought in and a representative from my agency.  Pray that this interview goes very well and that all info needed is available.
  • Pray that all of my paperwork and MOWA letter is complete and where it needs to be by the time of my court date so my court decree can be issued right away and is not delayed.
  • Pray for my heart to be prepared to go from pure joy the day I have my daughter in my arms for the first time, to complete sadness just a few short days afterward when we have to leave.
  • Pray that we would see with His eyes, a world full of poverty and brokeness and that we would be His hands and feet.
  • Pray that God would be glorified in everything about this trip!
"Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking Him with a thankful heart"  Philippians 4:6

Love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment