Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, November 19, 2011

In Everything, Give Thanks!

Thankfulness: to express gratitude or appreciation.
Gratitude: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Appreciation:  recognition of the quality, value, significance, or magnitude of people and things.

These three simple words get used quite frequently during this time of the year as we are coming upon the day of Thanksgiving.  A day that for many people will include lots of food, family and possibly football?! A day that for some might mean getting to bed early so you are ready to go when that alarm goes off at 2 AM to get ready and go stand outside in the freezing cold, most likely, just to be first in line to get that awesome deal you've been waiting for since the Black Friday ads came out.(and for those of you who can do this without getting irritable ... I commend you for your patience!)  What a great idea it was to set aside one special day of the year to stop, reflect and to give thanks to our Almighty Creator!  That IS what's most important to you on that day, right?  Well Im here to tell you that if you're like me, that is not always the case, but you're in luck! You see we actually have 364 other days of the year that we SHOULD already be giving thanks to God!  One day a year is simply not enough to give thanks to God for ALL that He has done for us, ALL that He provides for us, for His love, for His grace, for His mercy, for His forgiveness, for His faithfulness, for His suffering and enduring of the cross for our sake.
So I challenge you not only to give God praise daily, but thank Him for what He has done in your life, be grateful for who you are in Him, appreciate the fact that there is NO other God like Him!  And in a week from now when you see all of the beautiful Christmas decorations coming up and music playing in the background .... you can still give thanks to God!
My God continues to provide in so many different aspects in this adoption process and I am so very thankful for Him.  My God continues to lead and guide me and I am grateful.  My God continues to walk beside me, comfort me and love on me every minute of every single day and I appreciate Him for that!  There is not a soul who can even come close to the quality, the value, the significance or the magnitude that my God and Savior displays. 
I have another homestudy visit with Jan on Tuesday, so I'm asking for prayers that it goes well and that I am prepared to answer all of the questions she has for me.  Pray for Jan as she writes up the completed homestudy report.  Continue to pray for my sweet baby girl.  To God be the glory!

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Love -

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment