Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yahweh Yahweh

Have you praised God today? Have you thanked Him for absolutely anything?  Tonight, I am at a loss for words as I sit back and think on the week.  I have pleaded with God to help me out in countless ways but I can't really remember a specific time when I sat down and did nothing but praise Him. 
My Lord has given me a heart that loves, and is breaking for some little girl who is thousands and thousands of miles away from me, and all I can think about is "why does this have to take so long?" "Why would God give me this love that is so strong for a child I have yet to even be referred, and then continue on with the "road bumps" along the way?"  I have not once thanked Him for the heart that He gave me or for this awesome opportunity to be able to be a mom! Yes, a mom! I have not once thanked Him for all of the times this week that I was given the opportunity to share Jesus with someone just because of this adoption process. 
Just so you are up to date on what's happening, I had my first homestudy visit and continue on with that process, and I still have yet to receive the contract from the agency.
This week, I would ask that you make time daily to give our God the praise He deserves .... not that we are by any means, able to give Him "that" kind of praise, but we can give Him are best and He will love every minute of it! Praise Him for what He is and was and is to come!  Praise Him for the life that He has so graciously given to you!  Shout out His name, telling Him all of the reasons you love Him!

"Lift up holy hands in prayer, and praise the Lord." Psalm 134:2

Phil Wickham "At Your Name"
http://youtu.be/4TYM92BcQVI

Love -

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment