Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Satan get behind me?

This week has definitely had its ups but for the most part I was feeling more of the downs.  I knew this would come as I have been reminded, in more ways than one, that obedience will lead to some opposition on occasion.  I guess I just wasn't ready yet.  Like I ever really would have been ready, actually?!
BUT praise God for Saturday and the craft show at Central Lee! Praise God for placing people in my life that are really good at making things, things that sell, too! God has continued to bless me with people who are wanting to help with fundraisers, who are gifted in areas that I SO am not. Thank you, Jesus!
So the week started off with learning I would have to take an extra step in my paperwork as I have not always acted like the "woman of God" I am trying to live like now.  My "old self" was brought to my attention, caused a slight bump in the road, but nothing that will end in a road block. 
Next "downer" I felt was that I have attempted to get some PRN work at 3 different companies in order to have some extra cash.  I should have heard back by now from 2 of the 3 places that said they would call and I am still waiting. "God grant me patience .... but PLEASE hurry!"
Then I decided that it was time to go to the bank to see about getting that loan that I "might" need.  I quickly learned that you don't automatically get what you ask for! Who knew?!
Lastly, I received an email from the director of the agency with a whole lot of information in it that I don't really understand, but in a nutshell, was saying that the process is taking longer.  He of course stated that this is nothing to worry about and that this too, shall pass. Whatever "this" is!
So as the week was coming to an end, I was praying that I would not let Satan get in my way as he had been all week.  I was praying for strength to fight him and not let him get in the way of what God is doing.  And then this morning it was brought to my attention in an entirely different way .... from my "earthly father".  My dad was telling me that everything does not only revolve around "us" and that just because someone or something doesn't fit with what we are thinking or what we are doing, does not automatically mean it is Satan working against us.  Instead, what if it is God pushing us in another direction or trying to tell us something.  Hmmmm......Satan get behind me or is it in fact God telling me that He is in control of this and I am NOT!
Well I am certain that yes, it was God reminding me that this is His plan and He will provide. He has taken my "old self" which was broken and made me brand new.  I have been and continue to be transformed by God! Through His power alone, this will all take place! Thank you, Jesus!  Thank you, Dad! Thanks to all of you! God is using each and every one of you in you're own unique way to help me in this adoption process!
Praise God for His power - praise God for His wisdom - praise God for His continued providence - praise God that there is no other like Him!  Pray for my homestudy to go well tomorrow with Jan - pray that I would have ears to hear God and know the difference between His leading and Satan's lies - pray that I would trust this is His plan and not mine - pray for my little baby girl - Praise God!

"Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 1:30

Love-

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment