Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I could choose not to move, but I refuse ...

It was Sunday, September 18 that God spoke to my heart BIG time and could possibly change my life forever.  It was a typical Sunday morning which included getting ready for church, doing my daily devotions and then heading to my parents house with Harley, my puppy, while jamming out in the car to some K-Love radio! I walked into church that day not knowing my heart would be changed.  It was Missions Sunday and Marti Boal and Marcia Baldridge shared their story ... their experience of a missions trip to Ethiopia.  As I sat there and listened my heart hurt for those people, those families, those little babies.  My heart hurt just like most of the people's did who were sitting there that day.  As the day went on I could not get James 1:27 out of my head.  I kept thinking about those little orphans who had absolutely NOTHING and here I was, who as Marti said it of herself as well, "have been spoiled rotten" all of my life.  Adoption was the only thing that kept coming to mind.  How could I NOT go through with it .... Im single-35 yrs old-have no intention of bearing my own children .... I can do this! 
I started looking into it more, mentioned it to my sister first and a few of my close friends.  There were definitely some mixed responses, LOL, but I had it in my head from the get-go that I was doing this. 
From that very day on, God has done nothing but  speak to me through His word, through other people, through music, etc.  He has reminded me that He can use what little we have, when surrendered to Him, to do GREAT things - He has told me that He is not looking for people with great abilities but for those who are dedicated to following and obeying Him - He informed me of the power that is made known when He gives us specific instructions and then we follow by IMMEDIATE obedience - He reminded me that faith makes things possible, not easy - He led me to Proverbs 29:25 which talks about how fearing people is a dangerous trap but trust in the Lord means safety - He warned me of not letting the noise of the world keep me from hearing His voice - He reminded me that I need to rely on Him and not myself.
And so, with all of this said, I have decided that this in fact is what God has called me to do and I cannot just sit here and do nothing.  This is obviously going to take His providence, wisdom and guidance as I do not have the means or knowledge to go through with it, BUT I am certain that He will provide, during His perfect timing as He sees fit and I trust Him with this completely!  I am willing to go where He has led me!
I will be blogging my way through this new and exciting journey so I am asking for your prayers along the way!  I have sent in my application to the agency I will be going through and it could take up to 30 days to hear back on if they have accepted me or not so I will keep you updated as I receive information.
God has blessed me with such a great family and so many awesome friends who have already helped me get to this point! Praise God who can make mountains move - who breathed life into dry bones - who walked on water!  All glory and honor and praise to God, my Father, my Rock, my Savior!
Thank you in advance, for your prayers!  Thank you, Jesus!

"I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your regulations" Psalm 119:30

Love ~

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment