Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Harley poop, Paperwork and the Slammer!

Praise God for today! Praise Him for the sunshine on this beautiful Saturday morning! Praise Him for every breath that you take today!  Praise God!  The week was full of a variety of different things but I praise God for ALL of them! Yes, each and EVERY one of them!
It started out with a sick puppy =(  Poor Harley had some troubles in the bowel category.  Loose stool plus a puppy in the house do NOT go well together .... BUT at 2:00 in the morning while giving Harley a bath, just after he shook and poop splattered ALL over the bathtub, God spoke to me! Lol! He was preparing me for those middle of the night wake up calls that sometimes may just get a bit "dirty"! The crazy thing is, I didnt even get a bit irritated which is ususally not the case.  I do believe God also used the 4 times in the night, last night, that Harley woke me up as he had to go outside was preparing me as well =)  God continues to transform me, even if it is by using Harley!
On Wednesday, I received the Ethiopia Program Manual in the mail!  Yeah God!  Alot of information is definitely an understatement. Gobs and gobs and gobs of info is more like it! I have yet to even put a "dent" in the binder but am looking forward to the beginning of a new learning experience.
On Friday I was able to get the info to the social worker from Young House so the home study process can begin.  I will be working with a gal named Jan from there who also has been extremely helpful and encouraging already.  God definitely has provided people that are easy to talk to, as that as well is not a strong point of mine! 
Jan had informed me that I need to get my fingerprints completed right away as they take 6-8 weeks to be processed ... or whatever they have to do with them.  So I called the Courthouse to ask the specifics on where to go and if I needed an appointment, and I soon learned that the Courthouse was indeed NOT the place you get fingerprints done.  Yep, off to jail I went!  Lol!  It was an interesting experience but one WELL worth it if it means the chance to bring home a precious little angel that God has in mind for me to love on!
God continues to bless me daily with His word and the people He has placed in my life.  He has continued to remind me that I need to walk in faith and that He will be right beside me every step of the way - that I have the Holy Spirit in me, guiding me - that when I do obey Him there will be opposition along the way and to not get frustrated - that His plan is the perfect plan!  Today I was blessed to get to meet with a gal from Burlington who just recently had the awesome feeling of bringing her little girl home from Ethiopia.  How awesome to have a resource throughout the entire process, as well as another sister in Christ!  God continues to provide.
Today I am thanking God for all of you - thanking Him for all of the prayers that have been lifted up, for the many hours spent and work that has been done on the fundraising events that have started and are soon to be coming, for the continued support and encouragement, for the fact that He placed each one of you in my life for a specific purpose!
Pray for that precious baby girl that God has picked out for me - pray for the people that are watching over her right now - pray for Jan, my social worker, as she guides me through the process - pray for the paperwork that I have started, to go through without difficulty.  Praise God!

"You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail." Proverbs 19:21

love ~

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment