Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, March 3, 2012

There is Love in a place ... of ... Hope

I don't know about you, but when I hear a song with a "catchy" beat, it's hard to get it out of my head.  There is this certain song I have been hearing for some strange reason over and over and over again, but this actually is a song you will not find on K-Love or Air One.  I first heard it performed on the Grammy's, and ever since then I recognize the song right away as it uses synthesizers and has that "catchy" beat to it that gets my attention.  The radio at work has been on alot lately and I hear it there.  If I am out and about in a store and it comes on, it draws my attention almost immediately.  The strange thing about it is that pretty much the entire song consists of one single line ..... "we found love in a hopeless place". 
I finally got on google last night to figure out who sang this song and yes, you would have thought I would know after watching it on the Grammy's but I did not!  So Rihanna is the one, and I'm not exactly sure what the meaning of the song is but that does not matter.  I probably don't want to know anyway!  What does matter is that there are alot of people out there who are doing just that ... looking for "love" in a world full of hopelessness. I just can't seem to get these lyrics out of my head knowing how true they actually are to so many people.  It makes my heart hurt knowing that there are people who are in desperate need for something. Something that makes them feel better, feel loved, feel good about themselves, and when they finally think they have found it, it's just a matter of time before they come to realize it was in fact NOT what they were looking so desperately for. They are right back to feeling hopeless and unloved again.  It makes my heart hurt because I have been there and I'm sure alot of you have too at some point in your life.  It makes my heart hurt because I know there is a Love that is full of hope.  A Love that will never leave you or forsake you.  A Love that loves on you just the way you are.  A Love that forgives and is full of grace and mercy.  A Love that gave up His one and only Son so you and I could have life eternal.  A Love that if you go through this life never knowing and receiving, will eventually lead to an eternity of Hell.  This Love that I am referring to is the Lord Jesus Christ!  There is in fact Love in a place of Hope!  Jesus is Love and I can confirm to you today that you DON'T want to miss out on His offer of Hope!
So, because these lyrics have stuck in my head all these weeks, and I am certain God allowed me to hear them for a reason, I am wondering just what I will do with them. I'm not sure what it will consist of exactly, but I can't wait to see just what God might have in store if I listen and obey!
As for the adoption process I am now number 6 on the waiting list!  Woot, woot!!  I moved up one spot!  So, I am still awaiting that phone call saying they have my baby girl for me if I would accept her!
Also, I am at the point where I need to start thinking about vaccinations and I have had lots of good feedback already - God continues to provide!  My agency has a yahoo group that I am a part of and people post on it daily about court dates, embassy dates and bringing their babies home so this has been a huge encouragement to see things continue to move!
Praise God that He is Love - Praise God for giving us Hope - Praise God for using Rihanna to bring to mind a world full of hopelessness - Praise God for Jesus!
Pray that God would bring to mind anyone who we could be praying for that has not found His Love - Pray that God would then make them cross our path and give us His words to speak - Pray that God would give us the desire to help spread His Love across the nations, among those many people groups who have yet to hear the Gospel in whatever way He would have us to do - Pray for my sweet baby girl and that when the time comes for me to bring her home, that I would be able to raise her up knowing there is a Love in a place ... of .... Hope!

Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. Love is eternal ..." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment