Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Expectantly Waiting

In labor?! I think so! Yes! This is what I am going to name the point in which I am in the process right now....adoption labor!  And believe me, the contractions are getting closer and closer and stronger and stronger each day! I can hardly stand it! So, this means that the Braxton Hicks have been going on since I found out I was #7 on the waiting list. No wonder I am exhausted! Ha!
I was sent a random email from the mom in the family that received their referral last week, Jana. You know, the one that I was supposed to get my referral before they did??!! I do believe God used her to encourage me as I was so disappointed last week. She wanted to thank me for the congratulations that I sent her, and also she had recognized our paperwork had been sent around the same time. Jana decided she would introduce herself as we would be going through the remainder of the process together most likely.  Little did she know I had been following her blog and knew all of this beforehand! Jana also informed me that there was another baby girl brought into the care center at the same time hers was.  She actually had been following the two baby girls since January on the gmail site that our group has to post pictures.  Once she received her referral she knew this other baby girl was still out there.  Jana also knows that I should be next in line. So, she contacted her coordinator to ask about this particular baby girl and she said her paperwork is almost done so she should be ready for referral very soon.  Jana did not want to get my hopes up and made me promise not to be mad if it is in fact not my baby girl, LOL, but despite a bit of hesitation she did eventually send me the numbers of which photos this baby girl was in. I have been looking at them and looking at them and looking at them some more! Could this be it? Could this actually be my daughter? Could this be my baby girl who one day will be in my arms and not the arms of the nanny? I don't know for sure and that is completely okay. That day I was given a new hope in the process and I think that is exactly what I needed! So, I will continue to wait ... in expectation because I do have hope in my God and His word!
Praise God for Jana Kohout and the random email of encouragement that she provided me that day - Praise God for all of the families who are in the midst of adopting whether it be here in the US or internationally - Praise God for all of the nannies who take such good care of all of the kiddos in the care centers - Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for the Kohout family as they now are in yet another waiting period of the process - Pray for faith and patience and trust and strength for all of the families who are in the process or even just thinking about adoption - Pray for wisdom and guidance for all of the caregivers of all of the orphans in the care centers/orphanages all around the world - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah that she would be safe and protected and know that her momma already loves her all the way around the world and back!

"I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

Love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment