Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Eyes fixed on Jesus!

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength ... I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength ... I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Yes! These were the words going through my head this morning as I was coming upon the 1 mile marker ... and then there was 2 miles down.  I really didn't think the 3 mile marker was gonna EVER come into sight!  By the time we got to the 4 mile mark it was actually the 5 mile mark. Thank You, Jesus!!!  And then it was the dreaded uphill climb across the Burlington bridge with the end in sight and legs feeling near jello-like ... BUT because I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength I did it! I finished the 10 K! Wasn't exactly pretty but I crossed the finish line standing! Ha! All for my sweet baby LyLah which is in fact the ONLY reason I did this! You see I earned 100 points towards the Well Excel program at work by doing the 10 K race to get 10% off my health insurance! Lol! The price skyrockets when ya add one on to the plan, but it certainly is going to be worth it! So, despite all of the complaining and worrying I did, the jello-like legs and stomach pains I endured, and even the fact that I might actually NOT be able to get up off this couch when I'm done writing this blog because my hips are cramping up ... praise Jesus for getting us through what seems to be impossible, when we keep our eyes fixed on Him!
No more news on the adoption process yet but I am excited to be able to tell you that God brought two more families into our morning prayer group!  Jana, Jessica, Devin, Wendy, Ashley and myself continue to be in prayer at 6:30 our time.  We are not only praying but coming with confidence, knowing that God hears our prayers when they are in alignment with His will.  God has called the six of us to care for the orphans through the wonderful world of adoption and I am just confident that He is hearing us!
Praise God for His strength - Praise God for endurance - Praise God that we CAN have confidence - Praise God for Jesus!
Pray Phil 4:13 when you face a circumstance that just might seem impossible - Pray with confidence knowing God does hear our prayers when we are attune to His will - Pray for court dates and court decrees issued before the court in Ethiopia closes down - Pray for those precious babies hand picked by God not only to be loved on and cared for but to hear the words of Jesus being spoken to them!

" ... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus ... " Hebrews 12:1-2

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment