Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A New Name

Well it's official!  Not only am I a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a cousin ... nope there's one more name to add to that list! Yup that's right, on August 7, 2012 I was officially declared LyLah Lucille Lelisa Noel's momma!  Yet another day that has been written on my heart forever and ever! A day that has changed my life forever! A day that will never be forgotten!
My time spent in Ethiopia this week was also a time that will never be forgotten.  To walk into a world that is completely opposite of what my "norm" is was the best thing that could have ever happened.  I had a picture in my mind of what it might look like but I tell you what, you never will know unless you experience it.
The poverty ... the dirtyness ... the emptyness .... the brokeness and yet they are happy!  They go above and beyond for nothing, yeah nothing.  But it is something to them. That is what they know to do and they have no other worry or care in the world ... at least that is what it seemed. I felt some of the most intense kindness and generosity imaginable.  I felt the hands and feet of Jesus whether or not they know Him personally.  I felt like I was the one being catered to when in fact it should have been just the opposite.
The care center where my sweet baby LyLah lives is extremely small, it's overcrowded but it is a room filled with love.  It may not look like what we would expect it to look like but it doesn't have to.  To give and to be loved takes nothing but a willing heart! Yes! Really! No fancy nurserys or the best and most expensive clothing and food.  A willing heart that is eager to love is what I saw in that small, overcrowded room so I am going to choose to trust God to protect my baby girl until the day I bring her home.
I did receive my court decree yesterday so my paperwork can continue on despite the courts closing, praise God! I now have entered into the next waiting period. The paperwork to be completed can take several months and I have been given an expectation of not less than four BUT I serve a God of miracles and am waiting in expectation for one! My heart quickly went from a new kind of joy that I had never experienced before, to it breaking in two the day I had to leave LyLah.  My God is able and that is what I'm choosing to believe!
Praise God for Ethiopia/Ethiopians!  Praise God for hearts that are willing to love!  Praise God for eyes that were opened! Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for wisdom, health and strength for the nannies as they care for the babies in the care center.  Pray for a heart that is willing to love like Jesus.  Pray for His eyes to become your own.  Pray for my sweet baby LyLah to continue to be cared for and loved on until she is home at last ... with her momma!

"I love You, Lord; You are my strength" Psalm 18:1

Love-
amy





No comments:

Post a Comment