Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Our Story

It was probably about April-ish when God started creating something very special.  He knew exactly what He had in mind down to the very last detail.  He started knitting together bones and ligaments and muscles and body parts, everything into one special baby girl.  You see, God was creating my daughter in a place half way across the world.  He was shaping her into the perfect baby girl just .. for .. me.
And then there was the work God was doing in me at the very same time.  I had no idea what was going to be happening or just what exactly God had in mind.  I knew that I was being refined and pruned but just thought well, I guess it was about time! Ha! I soon learned that God had a plan and that plan was for me to be LyLah Lucille Lelisa's momma and there were a few things I needed to change before that could happen! You see, He was shaping me into the perfect momma just .. for .. LyLah.
Every single one of us has a story, a story of who we are, where we've been and how we got there. But you see these stories, they don't mean anything unless we have someone to tell them to.  Someone who knows exactly what you've been through.  When I was on the plane to Ethiopia, I heard a song and am certain it was from God.  The lyrics that caught my attention first were "I was made for you".  Then came the part about climbing the mountaintops and crossing the ocean blue.  I immediately thought of LyLah and as I listened to the rest of the song, I knew God was giving me something very special.  He gave me the song "The Story" by Brandi Carlile and I have decided this will be LyLah and I's song!  Better yet, I can play it on the guitar for her!  We were made for each other and we each have/will have a story to tell and I cannot wait until the day she is in my arms to do just that!
No news this week as far as the adoption process goes. Should be getting word of a birth certificate and passport next!
Praise God for His sovereignty!  Praise God for His wisdom!  Praise God for His holiness!  Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for a relationship with Him that continually is growing stronger - Pray for more wisdom and knowledge of God and His word - Pray for a desire to want more of Him - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah to continue to be strong and healthy and protected while she is away and for the nannies who are taking care of her as well.

"The Story" Brandi Carlile
http://youtu.be/npIbI10tftU

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing." Psalm 127:3




Love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment