Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Friday, August 24, 2012

He Did it Again!

I can honestly say I've never been so thankful that it is Friday in quite some time!  Ahhhhh ...today marked the end of a twelve day stretch at work.  Twelve ... Long ... Days ... coupled with jet lag = my co-workers having to hear me remind them daily of just how many days I had been there and how many days I had left! Ha! I'm pretty sure they as well have never been so thankful that it is Friday!  I must say though that I do have the best co-workers a gal could ask for! They listened to me complain all week, or well two weeks, and still offered to help me out today! And of course my last day at work started with a bang! God certainly made this long stretch seem well worth it after today. You see today, I got my paperwork together for an adoption grant that GRMC offers to their employees.  I knew this grant was available, but I was under the impression that I would not be able to receive it until after I brought LyLah home.  Well a couple of weeks ago I ran across the application again, and it said they needed the court decree or the birth certificate.  These actually were the first two documents I would receive so I started getting pretty excited as I did not have a plan for the rest of the fees that I would owe for my next trip. My first mistake (once again) was to think that "I" would be the one to "plan" for the remainder of process. So today, my twelth loooong day at work, a day that I was NOT looking forward to, God started off with me taking my application to human resources. It was less than an hour later that I received word that I would in fact receive some money ... not just some money but the full amount that they offer which is $5,000 and I would be getting it next week!  This of course will cover the remainder of my expenses that I have for the adoption process! Praise God! He has done it again!  And honestly, I can't even say that I'm surprised.  Of course God made this happen.  It has been His plan all along.  He has provided for the entire adoption process. I can't even say that this was overwhelming, either.  In the beginning, yes, He overwhelmed me on many occasions, but now I am to the point where I just know He will make a way.  He has given me a new level of trust through this process and I pray it would only grow stronger!  He has done it for me and I know He will do it for you, too!  Let go and give it to God!  Let Him take your trust in Him to new levels! You will not regret it!
So my twelve day stretch in which I had questioned on occasion, just what God was trying to get through to me, ended in joy and strength and peace.  Oh yeah!  He did it again!
As for the adoption process, I also received LyLah's birth certificate yesterday!  What a feeling it was to see my name as her parent!  I now have 2 out of the 5 documents I need in order for my case to be submitted to the Embassy! I also found out today that they are in the process of working on the next document needed, her passport! Things continue to move along!
Praise God once again for His providence!  Praise God for His faithfulness!  Praise God for His ability to bring out the good in every situation!  Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for God to reveal things or areas in your life that need to be let go - Pray for Him to open up a new level of trust to do just that - Pray for an increase in faith in Him - Pray for His continued hand upon my sweet baby LyLah and my group of friends little ones as well, and for a peace that only comes from Him while we wait to bring them home!

"There is one God and Father of everything. He rules everything and is everywhere and is in everything." Ephesians 4:6




Love,
amy

1 comment:

  1. Oh AWESOME GOD!!!! Why do we ever doubt. We have been blessed in ways like you describe through all of our adoptions (just enough, just in time) to the point where I KNOW God will make a way. It's the reason we have blindly signed up to bring our last 2 kids home. God calls, we answer, He provides--always! So, so happy for you. So, so impressed that you did a 12 day stretch (nothing a mother won't do for her child). And so, so happy that God chose this day to give you peace of mind!! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete