Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Life As We Know It

I've been thinking alot lately about "life".  I've been thinking alot about how I often take for granted this simple, yet indescribable word.  Life. So I decided to google it and see what they had to say.  According to Wikipedia, "Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self sustaining processes from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate."
Life as we know it consists of going about our daily routines and activities. Some of which may include: sustaining a job perhaps - raising children - taking care of the house, finances, yard, animals - getting together with friends, family - spending time with your spouse - going to sporting events, band concerts,  dance recitals, plays - going to church and various church activities - the list could go on and on and on and on!  These things that "life" consists of can be pretty overwhelming at times and we can easily get frustrated when we don't seem to have the time to fit it all in.
I've been thinking alot lately of how very blessed that I am because every morning I wake up is a gift from God.  He has given me the ability to live and move and breathe - to see and taste and smell - to think and speak and hear.  He has given me a new chance at life every single day I awake and I'm hear to tell you that I have taken advantage of that for way too long.
I've been having some crazy thoughts running through my head about things that could happen and how would I take care of LyLah. Key word there is could! Ha! Satan get behind me or God preparing me?! Either way, I have a new awareness of the fact that I need to be thankful for each day that I am given. Each day God gives me is yet another chance at life because I am alive! Better yet, in Christ! I have self sustaining processes that God has given me! Each day God gives me is yet another chance to live the life He has planned out for me, and be that light shining bright giving all glory to Him! Praise Jesus!
As for the adoption process I am still waiting on word that my agency has received the final medical report.  Once they have that in hand, my case will be submitted to the US Embassy. I watched a "Gotcha Day" video posted on a blog I follow from a fellow IAG mom last night, and it brought me quickly to tears. Every day that goes by I am missing out on something new perhaps that LyLah might be doing and it definitely makes me sad, but I am going to hold onto the fact that she is in God's hands, safe and being loved on, and I am one more week closer to bringing her home!
Praise God for life! Praise God for new chances every day we awake! Praise God for the Spirit within He has given us!  Praise God for Jesus!
Pray for a new awareness of the life you have been given - Pray for remembering to be thankful each day you awake - Pray for His Spirit to move inside you and fill you with joy - Pray for my sweet baby LyLah to witness Jesus in some way while she is far away from her momma!

"In Him we live and move and exist ..." Acts 17:28

Love,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment