Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Saturday, December 10, 2011

5 AM wake-up call

bbbbbbaaaaaarrrrrrrfffffffff.  Yes indeedy!  This is the sound that "woke" me up this morning at 5 AM!  Oh how I do love Harley! Thank you, Jesus for waking me to the sound of my poor lil pup puking, as if I had remained asleep the result most likely would have been rolling over in it! Lol!  Good way to get the comforter washed, too so there is in fact "good" that came out of this mess today!
As I continued to lie in bed this morning (without the comforter of course!) God brought lots of stuff to mind.  He reminded me of all the times that He used a "wake-up call" to get my attention about some "thing" or some "one".  What stuck out in my mind most was how drawn I was to the ways of the world, in many different aspects really. The idea that it's broke so I'll just get a new one kind of attitude. Or better yet, it's not broke but I'll just go ahead and get a new one anyway! Often times I did say how blessed I was to be able to just go and get whatever I wanted and not really have to worry about it, but I obviously took that a little too much for granted. God gave me that "wake-up call" about a year ago (one of the ways He was preparing me). God awoke me from the way I thought about material things. Now I LOVE to shop!  Anybody who knows me, even if it's just a little bit, knows how very true this statement is!  God has been teaching me though, the difference between the things that I "need" versus the things that I "want".  Boy does it make a HUGE difference in the way I look at things.  I haven't even been to the mall in I don't even know how long and I love it!  That does not matter to me anymore.  What DOES matter now is the thought of my precious baby girl who is out there halfway across the world, and I'm certainly not going to spend money on a bunch of "stuff", even if it is what's hot in fashion!  In the process of this wake-up call, God has given me new, creative ideas on how to make the most of the money He has provided me with including the importance of giving.  The key part of that statement is the fact that it is His and not mine!  Once that really comes to life, it's much easier to say "no" to those really cute pair of shoes and to say "yes" to that unemployed mother who's husband has left her to raise 3 kids on her own.  It's all a matter of perspective, really.  Once you see things in the way that God does, you will do everything you can to help the poor, the needy, the orphans and widows in their distress. And that is exactly what we have been called to do!
So once again, God used  a "wake-up call" from Harley to enlighten me today!  Instead of getting irritated and stressed out about a mere small thing in life really, I chose to look at the bright side. I chose to reflect and remember how undeniably good my God is to me and oh how He loves me!  He loves every single one of us, even enough to change us!
Unfortunately, patience and trust have not got the "wake-up call" yet, at least loud enough for me to hear it!  Yes, I continue to trudge on in the adoption process with worry and impatience.  I am still awaiting the finished home study report so continue to keep Jan, Jim and Leigh Ann in prayer as they complete/review it.  Pray for all families who are waiting to bring their babies home and for those who might just be having "thoughts" about starting the adoption process.  Pray for my sweet baby girl, that she would be loved on and taken care of even if she is halfway around the world! Praise God that He can do just that!  Praise God that He can use whatever He chooses to bring attention to an area in our life that needs to be addressed or even remind us of the things He has already done!  Praise God for Jesus, the reason we get to celebrate this time of year!  Praise God!

"Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."  Ephesians 5:14

Love-

amy

No comments:

Post a Comment