Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Friday, December 23, 2011

All because of a baby born in a manger

Melkham Gena! (Merry Christmas in amharic!)

Oh how I love this time of year!  A time that we get to celebrate the birth of the Savior of the world .... the Savior of the world!  I can not even begin to wrap my mind around the magnificence of this name. What a job this fellow has, not only the Savior of the world but a Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace to boot!  This fellow we get to celebrate this time of year, His name is Jesus! 
So as we continue to celebrate this Christmas season I pray that our hearts and our minds would be in the place where it all began.  A place where animals were kept and fed. This place would be considered among the poorest of the poor.  A place similar to that of an orphan, perhaps. This would be the place that the Savior of the world was born.  Our Lord, Jesus Christ was rejected ... there was no room for them in the inn.  Jesus was born in a stable among the animals with His crib being a cattle trough.  The place that the Savior of the world first laid His head was where the animals eat and drink. Jesus then went on to make Himself nothing, to take on the very nature of a servant.  He emptied Himself of the luxuries He could of had and took on the lowest of places. Jesus came to serve.  He gave His life so we could live and His gift of salvation is free!  There aren't too many things in this life that are free so if you have yet to receive this gift, I pray that you would open your hearts and let Him in!  Believe me, you will not regret it!  This is the greatest gift I have yet to receive!  And now I have the opportunity to share the love I have been given to an orphan .. a baby girl somewhere halfway across the world ... all because of a baby born in a manger!
Jesus is the only reason we can celebrate this season and I pray that His life, His love, His joy, peace and blessings would overflow into the lives of all of you!  So let's make a point to give the Savior of the world one heck of a birthday party this Sunday!  What an awesome day to get to celebrate His birth ... on the day that we, the church, come together anyway to learn, to grow, to fellowship and most importantly, give all glory and praise to Him!
As for my adoption process ..... Praise God!!  My home study was completed this week and approved by my agency!  I was able to pick up the copies from Jan on Thursday at noon and then send it off to the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services), along with the next form due, that afternoon!  God continues to provide!  I am asking for prayers that I would get clearance from the USCIS. They will be reviewing my home study and then make a decision on whether or not I am suitable and eligible to adopt.  Pray that God would oversee all decisions made and that I would soon be one step closer to bringing my baby girl home!
Praise God for His love that has no bounds - Praise God for His word through which we gain insight and understanding of that love - Praise God for Jesus ... the Savior of the world!

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on His shoulders.  And He will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment