Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Friday, December 30, 2011

Blessed

As I reflect on this last year, only one word comes to mind.  Blessed.  I have so much to be thankful for, so many people in my life who love me and whom I love.  I have a roof over my head, a secure job in which I love, a vehicle to take me wherever I need to go, more than enough food to eat and clothes to wear, my health, and a whole bunch of "stuff" that I enjoy but could easily live without. These are just a few of the things that most of the time I take for granted.  If that isn't enough to be called "blessed" I have no idea what is! So in fact, I would have to say I am more than blessed!  Im not sure if there is a word for this, but if there is, that is what I am! 
This also has been a year full of new insights, personal growth in my relationship with Jesus, surges of confidence and boldness that came out of nowhere, refining and molding, and more refining and molding, and even more refining and molding!  Oh, how I can honestly say I LOVE to be refined!  To know that my Father loves me enough to break me of the things that were ugly and mold me into something beautiful like Himself, simply fills me with such a joy that is indescribable.  God says Himself that we will be faced with many trials, that in this world we will have trouble, but guess what??  Jesus has overcome the world, and for this I will be forever grateful!  Believe me, it was not easy going through a refining period but I always knew that Jesus was right there by my side and would never leave me.  Not only was Jesus by my side, He surrounded me with people who loved me and supported me and prayed for me, even though they KNEW me.  I've said this before, but now I know exactly why God did what He did when He did it.  He changed me just in time to begin preparing me for what He has for me next, and I certainly would not be where I am today if He had left me the way that I was.  God turned depression into happiness ... He healed an addiction with an increased craving for Him!  He did it for me and He will do it for you.  Why?  Because He can!
In the adoption world I can also say I am blessed!  This week I found out that my "Dossier" can be sent at any time now!  I thought I had to wait on a document from the USCIS that is going to take awhile, but I was wrong!  The Dossier is a group of documents that represents me to the country of Ethiopia as a potential adoptive parent.  I will be sending these documents to Leigh Ann, my coordinator, to proof before I send them the real deal so pray for Leigh Ann as she goes over all of my paperwork - pray that God continues to oversee all decisions made concerning this adoption - pray for that sweet baby girl and her impatient momma!
Praise God for the blessings He gives us daily - Praise God for every moment of healing of comforting of bringing peace of forgiveness of refining of molding - Praise God for His everlasting love - Praise God for Jesus!
Praying for a year full of blessings and God's favor for all!

"Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him"  Jeremiah 17:7

Love-
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment